Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Self Improvement Ideas

On this post, I decided not to discuss and go in-depth on a single idea but rather just share with you a few ideas I've gathered on how each of us can improve our lives greatly. I feel as though many people have so much potential within themselves but lack that "push" needed to reach that potential. That's why I'm here to provide that "motivation." So without further ado, here is a list of my self-improvement ideas.

1. Count your blessings - Before we proceed on to ways of improving yourself, you must realize that no matter how many aspects of your life may be negative, there is always something to be grateful for. Realize this and it shall help you immensely.

2. Stop complaining - It may seem easier said then done but it's actually not so difficult. Even if you feel as if you need to complain, do it to yourself and don't verbalize it. If you become a complainer, you'll surround yourself with others who complain as well, which will only enhance this unnecessary habit.

3. Surround yourself with positive souls - this one's a no-brainer but you'd be surprised at how many people don't chose this path. Positive people will always find a way to make you feel better and that's something you should always seek for. If you want to improve your life, surround yourself with one's whom will help you get there. Simple as that.

4. Prioritize - Know and realize who and what is important in your life. Don't associate yourself with one's who won't benefit you in any way. Realize that family is important, friends as well, same applies to academics. Prioritize yourself and decide what to keep and remove from your life.

5. Smile - Please realize how significant this is. It's an invitation for optimism in your life. A simple smile makes such a difference, it will work wonders for you. Whatever situation your in, whatever point in your life you may be at, stop for a moment and just....SMILE.

Now for some other ideas of which I will simply list.

-Give a compliment
-Create value
-Become disciplined
-Deepen your knowledge
-Be happy for others
-Give to just give
-Read the first chapter of that book you bought and never opened.
-Tell yourself "something good will happen today"

And finally....BELIEVE.

I hope these ideas were able to help you in some way. If you have any other thoughts or ideas, please let me know as I would appreciate your input. Comments are welcome.

4 comments:

  1. You know Mofai, the more I read your blogs the more I find ways to like you and what you have to say. The URL to this blog should not be infinite intellectuality because anyone can be an intellectual if they actually work at it. It should be infinite wisdom because very few individuals are blessed with such knowledge at such a young age. You are a credit to the human race Mofai, don't ever let that change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right about the title lindsay, maybe what you said will prompt me to change it in the near future. As for the latter part of the comment, I appreciate your kind words, but I'm just one of many people doing all I can to learn and share my knowledge and ideas with the world. Hopefully my ideas are helpful to others and I can hopefully make a positive impact in the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too few words for such a broad topic. I think you should pick one of these and really analyze them down to it's core.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you manu for the comment. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete